Audrey E. Mross
Audrey Mross is a Senior Partner at Munck Wilson Mandala, and leads the Firm's Labor and Employment Section. Ms. Mross has 11 years of experience as a human resource professional prior to the practice of law, where she represents employers in claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation, advises employers on proactive measures to avoid litigation, and updates employment agreements, handbooks and other employment-related documents to comply with federal, state and local law, for single and multi-state employers.
Ms. Mross is a frequently requested speaker for legal and human resources conferences and has given more than 570 speeches, radio broadcasts, and webcasts since 1995. She is quoted and has articles published in USA Today, CNN/Money, The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, National Law Journal, Texas Lawyer, Dallas Business Journal, HR magazine, SHRM Legal Report, HR Matters magazine and Dallas Bar Association's Headnotes.
Each month, Audrey creates an informative newsletter, Legal Briefs for HR, focused on updating HR professionals, in-house counsel, business owners, and others on various legal issues affecting the Human Resources community. To join the distribution list, click on Media Center on our website or email Audrey directly. Archived issues of the newsletters may be found on the firm's website.
- Company-wide audits and edit of job descriptions, with analysis of FLSA exempt vs. nonexempt and employee vs. contractor status.
- Preparation of affirmative action plans under E.O. 11246, Rehabilitation Act and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment and Assistance Act, as well as state and local law.
- Developed and presents managers' training programs approved by EEOC and U.S. Department of Justice as part of consent decree and serves as part of employers' affirmative defense against harassment claims.
- Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1994
- Social Networking: An Employer's Guide to the Risks and Rewards, HR Matters, Summer 2010
- Effects of U.S. Supreme Court's Don-Doff Ruling, Texas Lawyer, April, 2006
- Destroying Employee Documents? Not So Fast., Dallas Bar Association's Headnote, October, 2005
- Updating Your Family Leave Policy, SHRM Legal Report, July/August, 2002
Honors and Awards:
- Phi Delta Phi
- KSU Alumni Association, Volunter of the Year 1999
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers, 2010 - 2013
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - Business Edition, 2010 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Kansas State University Alumni Association, 2010 - 2011
Board of Directors, Chair
- Kansas State University Alumni Association, 2005 - 2012
Board of Directors
- American Heart Association, 2009 - 2014
Benefits and Compensation Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor and Employment section
- State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment section
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment section
- Dallas Human Resource Management Association
Former President and Life Member
- SHRM Texas State Council
Former Co-Director of Legislative Action
- Society for Human Resource Management
- MDA's Dallas Legal Leaders: Hot Hundred Who Care
- Kansas State Texans alumni club
- Kansas State University College of Business Administration Dean's Business Advisory Council, 2011 - 2014
- Dallas Chi Omega Alumnae
- Texas Association of Business
President-Elect, Dallas Chapter
Chair of Employment Relations Committee, Dallas Chapter
- Texas Association of Business, 2008 - 2010, 2012 - 2014
Board of Directors
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association Transition to Law Practice Program Mentor
- SMU Dedman School of Law