Michael C. Wilson
Michael Wilson is a Partner at Munck Wilson Mandala, and is a member of the Executive Committee and Litigation section. Mr. Wilson repeatedly has been named a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly in commercial litigation and also has appeared on similar national lists. Mr. Wilson has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including trials, arbitration, mediation and appeals. Mr. Wilson has substantial experience representing inventors, patent owners, and corporate defendants in patent infringement lawsuits in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas involving a wide range of patents and technologies, including pharmaceuticals (Hatch Waxman litigation), wireless communication devices/systems, software, GPS technology, video and security systems, and vending/distribution equipment. Mr Wilson also has decades of experience litigating and trying other commercial disputes, building construction cases, catastrophic property losses/subrogation matters, product liability claims and business torts.
In addition to Texas and the Southwest, Mr. Wilson has represented clients in federal and state courts throughout the country, including in states such as California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, New York, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- Numerous cases representing local and international pharmaceutical companies in patent infringement cases against generic drug manufacturers under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
- Representation of major manufacturer patent in infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas involving machine design patent. Case resolved with acquisition of infringing defendant.
- Representation of developer and insurer in multi-million dollar construction defect dispute involving development of retirement communities in New England.
- Representation of national marketing company in defamation and trademark infringement matter against Paramount Pictures, including two successful appeals to the Texas Supreme Court.
- Successfully obtained judgment in multi-million dollar dispute involving property damage to a high-rise condominium development in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of corporate policyholder in insurance coverage dispute regarding insurers' refusal to defend a series of lawsuits alleging trademark and trade dress infringement.
- Lead counsel for claims brought by property owner and insurers in construction defect case involving a roof-system failure at commercial facility causing over $20 million in damage.
- Representation of corporation in multi-million dollar suit against court-appointed receiver for negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and waste of receivership assets. Defeated defense based on judicial immunity.
- Representation of corporate defendants in case alleging theft of trade secrets relating to manufacture of activated carbon and seeking over $100 million in damages.
- Representation of property owner, national department store chain and insurer in $35 million dollar construction defect dispute arising from roof collapses at a major shopping mall. Case settled on confidential terms, but details available on request.
- Representation of vending machine manufacturer and patent owner in patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas. After successfully defeating motions for summary judgment relating to marking and related damages issues, case settled during trial.
- Representation of plaintiff in patent infringement lawsuit in the Northern District of Texas relating to security system design patent.
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1994
Honors and Awards:
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2014
- Super Lawyers - Business Edition, 2010 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association