Russell H. Roden
Russell H. Roden is Senior Counsel at Munck Wilson Mandala, practicing in the Litigation section. Mr. Roden's practice is devoted to representation of clients in civil litigation, appeals, and arbitration proceedings. Mr. Roden also serves as a arbitrator, mediator, and special master.
Mr. Roden served five years as presiding judge of Dallas County Court at Law No. 1, where he consistently ranked among the highest-rated judges in the Dallas Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Poll. While on the bench, he presided over approximately 200 jury trials and 1,500 non-jury trials involving complex civil disputes and commercial litigation, including contracts, defamation, personal injury, professional negligence, construction, premises liability, product defects, commercial transactions, asbestos, class actions, and others.
Mr. Roden holds an individual AV rating from Martindale Hubbell's peer-review rating system, the highest ranking offered. He is licensed to practice in Texas state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Texas, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- "A View From the Bench Relative to Structured Settlement Transfers," National Association of Settlement Purchasers 2008 Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, October, 2008
- "Fifth Annual Judicial Panel," The Association for Conflict Resolution, Dallas, Texas, 2006
- "Third Annual Judicial Panel," The Association for Conflict Resolution, Dallas, Texas, 2004
- "Legal Advocacy, Legal Ethics, and Legal Professionalism," Austin College Law Day Symposium 2005
- "Election v. Appointment of Judges," Austin College Law Day Symposium 2004
- "When Two Worlds Collide: A Primer for Criminal Law Attorneys Appearing in Civil Court," Dallas Bar Association, Criminal Law Section, Dallas, Texas, 2003
- "Practices & Procedures in Dallas County State Courts," Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section, Dallas, Texas, 2003
- "Perspectives from the Bench," Dallas Bar Association Friday Clinic, Dallas, Texas, August, 2002