S. Wallace Dunwoody
Wallace Dunwoody is a partner at Munck Wilson Mandala, specializing in commercial litigation. Wallace serves as trial counsel for plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving:
- patents and trade secrets
- trademarks and copyrights
- contracts and licenses
- fraud and deceptive trade practices
- fiduciary duties of corporate officers and directors
- covenants not to compete and unfair competition
- large-scale property damage
- securities, real estate, banking, and oil and gas matters
Wallace combines smart, zealous advocacy with honesty, integrity, and attention to detail. Whether representing a large company or an individual inventor, Wallace fashions the facts of each case into a credible and compelling narrative. Wallace's reputation as a tenacious, ethical advocate has earned him repeated recognition as a "Texas Rising Star" by Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers publication.
Before joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Wallace served as general counsel for a real estate development company with responsibility for acquisitions, dispositions, land use, finance, corporate governance, contract negotiation, and litigation management. Wallace received his business degree from Texas Tech University with a double major in finance and economics and his law degree from Southern Methodist University where he was an editor for the International Law Review Association. Wallace and his wife, Lauren, are proud parents of two daughters.
- Plaintiff's counsel for inventors in patent matters involving fitness monitoring and fall detection devices.
- Representing defense contractor accused of fraud and deceptive trade practices in multiparty litigation.
- Plaintiff's counsel on a large fire loss at a restaurant where the fire suppression system failed to activate.
- Plaintiff's counsel for a multi-million dollar fire loss caused by a faulty fuel line on a forklift.
- Defending oil and gas company against investor suits.
- Representing technology company on various commercial, intellectual property, and employment matters.
- Representing real estate management company on various commercial and noncompete matters.
- Defended rare coin dealer accused of fraud, deceptive, trade practice, and alter ego.
- Defended telecom company in suit over pre-paid calling cards; obtained defense verdict for $1.2 million in returns of defective cards.
- Represented drug manufacturer on pharmaceutical patent claims (ANDA litigation) against generic competitors.
- Defended bank against claims for unpaid commissions and partnership profits; obtained defense verdict of $10,000 on a $500,000 claim.
- Represented mall owner on $30 million property loss caused by roof collapses.
- Defended manufacturer of fiber optic connectors in patent infringement suit; obtained unanimous jury verdict of no infringement.
- Represented vending machine manufacturer in patent infringement suit against two main competitors.
- Defended officers and directors on $100 million breach of fiduciary duty claims by Chapter 7 Trustee.
- Represented purchaser of land in a $5 million dispute regarding restrictive covenants on property.
- Defended hotel owner in $8 million dispute involving claims of corporate waste, breach of contract, and fraud.
- Represented buyer in $10 million dispute against sellers of sign manufacturing business for failing to honor purchase agreement.
- Represented governmental taxing authority in $25 million collection dispute involving oil and gas interests.
- Represented real estate investment trust in dispute against commercial lender over dishonored $150 million lending commitment.
- Corporate counsel on multimillion dollar real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, contract negotiations, and land development.
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District of Colorado
Honors and Awards:
- Texas Rising Star, 2010, 2012-2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers