S. Wallace Dunwoody
Wallace Dunwoody is a partner at Munck Wilson Mandala and a member of the firm's litigation section. Wallace represents clients in business disputes involving:
- patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- contracts and licenses
- fraud and deceptive trade practices
- fiduciary duties of corporate officers and directors
- covenants not to compete and unfair competition
- large-scale property damage
- securities, real estate, banking, and oil and gas matters
Before joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Wallace worked for a real estate development company, where he was responsible for all aspects of the company's legal affairs, ranging from general corporate matters to land acquisitions and dispositions, contract negotiations, and litigation management.
- Representing inventors in patent matters involving fitness monitoring devices.
- Representing inventors in patent suits involving fall detection devices.
- Representing defense contractor accused of fraud and deceptive trade practices in multiparty litigation.
- Representing aerospace company enforcing covenants not to compete.
- Plaintiff's counsel on a subrogation matter involving a large fire loss at a popualar restaurant.
- Representing a rare coin dealer accused of fraud, deceptive, trade practice, and alter ego.
- Represented drug manufacturer on pharmaceutical patent claims (ANDA litigation) against generic competitors.
- Represented mall owner on $30 million property loss caused by roof collapses.
- Defended manufacturer of fiber optic connectors in patent infringement suit; obtained unanimous jury verdict of no infringement.
- Represented vending machine manufacturer in patent infringement suit against two main competitors.
- Defended officers and directors on $100 million breach of fiduciary duty claims by Chapter 7 Trustee.
- Represented purchaser of land in a $5 million dispute regarding restrictive covenants on property.
- Defended hotel owner in $8 million dispute involving claims of corporate waste, breach of contract, and fraud.
- Represented buyer in $10 million dispute against sellers of sign manufacturing business for failing to honor purchase agreement.
- Represented governmental taxing authority in $25 million collection dispute involving oil and gas interests.
- Represented real estate investment trust in dispute against commercial lender over dishonored $150 million lending commitment.
- Corporate counsel on multimillion dollar real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, contract negotiations, and land development.
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District of Colorado
Honors and Awards:
- Texas Monthly® Rising Star, 2010, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers