10 Mar Aaron C. Dilbeck
Aaron C. Dilbeck is an associate at Munck Wilson Mandala, practicing in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group. His practice is focused on intellectual property disputes and commercial litigation.
Aaron passionately advocates for national and international clients throughout the country and on both sides of the docket. He has experience with matters involving business torts, fraud, and breaches of fiduciary duties; complex contractual relationships; broker and finder controversies; confidentiality and non-disclosure disagreements; trade secret and patent infringement battles; partnership and investment disputes; securities fraud litigation; and tortious interference claims.
Aaron received his J.D. with honors from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law where he was executive editor of the SMU Science and Technology Law Review. Prior to law school, Aaron worked as a ceramics engineer providing research and development as well as quality assurance and control. Aaron is also the first listed inventor on a pending patent application.
He earned a bachelor of science degree in materials science and engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Aaron is a member of the Dallas Bar Association and licensed to practice in Texas.
- Represented plaintiff at trial which resulted in eight-figure patent infringement verdict in federal case involving motion detection technology, which was reversed by the Federal Circuit on patent validity grounds.
- Represented corporation defending against claims for fraud and fraudulent inducement arising from a business transaction. The plaintiff demanded more than $1.9 million in damages. After a one-week trial, the jury found entirely in favor of the client.
- Co-defense counsel in federal court action in California, in which investment banking firm sued company for breach of contract, promissory fraud, and declaratory judgment relating to multi-million dollar deals for the purchase of hotels where, after removing the lawsuit to federal court, achieved dismissal of lawsuit for lack of jurisdiction.
- Co-appellate counsel defending company and executive in securities fraud lawsuit. The Court of Appeals reversed the judgment against the defendants and remanded with directions, and is currently before the state’s Supreme Court.
- Represented plaintiff in infringement cases against prior licensees in Texas and California.
- Co-defense counsel in multi-million dollar business torts lawsuit where defeated emergency Rule 202 Petition and, in subsequent lawsuit, defeated application for temporary restraining order (after evidentiary hearing) filed against client.
- Performed due diligence, conducted research, and drafted motions in lawsuits for patent infringement while representing a plaintiff or multiple defendants;
- Facilitated confidential and non-confidential settlements for various clients on both sides of the docket regarding various disputes.
Presentations & Published Works
Article: Justices’ CFAA Ruling Shows Contract Safeguards Insufficient, Law360, June 25, 2021.
Article: When ESI Spoliation May Lead to Termination, ABA, June 26, 2020.
Article: Password-Sharing May Be a Federal Crime Under the Muddied Waters of the CFAA, Corporate Counsel, January 5, 2018.
Presentation: assisted with July 2017 seminar on Hotel Litigation,
at La Quinta Corporate Headquarters in Irving, Texas.
Presentation: assisted with December 2017 seminar on Hotel Data & The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act,
at Phoenix American Hospitality Corporate Headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
Article: Password-Sharing May Be a Federal Crime Under the Muddied Waters of the CFAA,
Cybersecurity, Law & Strategy (Law Journal Newsletters), February 2018
Corporate Counsel, January 5, 2018.
Presentation: assisted moderator and speaker for presentation, Data Protection & Cybersecurity,
at the NACDL 14th Annual White Collar Seminar on November 9, 2018, in Washington, D.C.
Article: Supreme Court Participates in Patent Reform: Judicial Case Management,
18 SMU Sci. & Tech. L. Rev. 3 (2015)
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association