Adam R. Villanueva
Adam Villanueva is an associate in the technology/intellectual property law group. Adam advises companies on trademarks and copyrights and works with them on all aspects of their trademark and copyright portfolios. This includes branding and licensing as well as prosecution and enforcement actions at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in the federal courts. Adam aids clients with trademark searches, the preparation of opinions on availability and registrability of trademarks, and the filing and prosecution of applications for registration at the state, federal and international levels.
Adam prosecutes, develops and maintains trademark portfolios for various companies including entertainers, athletes, insurance companies and various service-based and retail companies.
Prior to joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Adam worked as a trademark associate for Klemchuk, LLP and Chester, PLLC in Dallas, Texas.
- Prosecute, develop and maintain trademark portfolio for various companies including entertainers, athletes, insurance companies and various service-based and retail companies
- Perform clearance searches for both domestic and international filings
- Oversee and negotiate disputes in pre-litigation, including sending and defending demand letters, negotiating settlement agreements and drafting initial complaints to be filed in federal and state courts
- Enforce and defend client brands via cease and desist and demand letters, and online, via social media takedown requests and DMCA takedown requests
- Represent clients before the USPTO with trademark applications, responses to office actions, statements of use, trademark renewals and letters of protest
- Counsel businesses and individuals in the entertainment industry on corporate, copyright, trademark and moral rights issues
Presentations & Published Works
• Roundtable Host, Wisdom of the Ages panel at Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Solo and
Small Firm Summit, April 2018.
• Host, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Solo and Small Firm Happy Hour for the entire year
• Author, Just Did It! Nike Prevails in Jordan Brand Logo Dispute, Texas Entertainment and
Sports Law Journal, May 2018
• Co-Host of Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Solo and Small Firm Summit, April 2017.
• Counsel Member of Texas Entertainment and Sports Law Association, State Bar organization, June
Professional Associations & Memberships
Texas State Bar Association
Texas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers