Andy P. Mielnik
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
Andy P. Mielnik is an associate in the firm’s complex litigation/dispute resolution group. Andy concentrates his practice in the area of complex business litigation, with an emphasis on commercial lending, real estate, landlord-tenant, and commercial disputes. His experience encompasses complex cases in both federal and state court through all phases of litigation, which include conducting factual and legal research, drafting pleadings, managing discovery, briefing and arguing motions, preparing for trial, and arbitration and mediation.
Andy earned his bachelor’s degree from Baylor University and his J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While attending law school, Andy served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert A. Junell, United States District Court Judge for the Western District of Texas, and he worked as a legal intern at the Dallas office of the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Prior to joining MWM, Andy served as a law clerk for the Honorable Walter S. Smith, Jr., United States District Judge for the Western District of Texas, where he worked on cases involving environmental, patent, employment, administrative, insurance, contract, bankruptcy and copyright law. Andy also served as a law clerk for the Honorable B. Dwight Goains, United States Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Texas.
• Secured favorable settlement on behalf of title company in complex litigation involving breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, DTPA violations, conspiracy, corporate veil piercing, and other legal theories;
• Obtained default judgment on behalf of a commercial lender in a loan enforcement matter;
• Represented a mineral interest owner in a mineral dispute and successfully negotiated a favorable settlement;
• Defended closely-held family business in litigation involving allegations of fraudulent transfer, conversion, and misappropriation;
• Defended investment advisor and obtained a favorable settlement in a FINRA arbitration.
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
2016 DAYL Leadership Class
Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2015-2016
Midland County Young Lawyers Association, Fundraiser Committee Member, 2012-2013
SMU Law Mustang Exchange, Mentor
Additional Education & Achievements
Dallas Running Club, Inc. – Legal Counsel, 2017-Present
Azleway Children’s Services – Board of Director, 2010-2011