- Business Organizations
- Corporate Governance and Counseling
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Corporate Finance
- Technology Transactions
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
Chad Cormier is an associate practicing in the firm’s corporate law group. Chad’s practice focuses on a broad range of transactional matters such as public offerings and private placements of securities, venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity formation, corporate governance, federal and state securities law compliance and general commercial transactions.
Chad received his J.D. from the Washington and Lee University School of Law and his BBA in management from the University of Texas Arlington. Prior to joining Munck Wilson, Chad was securities capital markets and securities compliance director and director of investor relations for Encore Enterprises, Inc., where he served as the primary point of contact for investor relations, securities law and compliance matters for a $1.2 billion vertically integrated real estate development and private equity company – operating across multiple sectors including multi-family, hospitality, retail, office and restaurants.
An avid supporter of his community, Chad has also served on the planning and fundraising committee for United Community Centers Annual Golf Tournament and the student board of directors for Habitat for Humanity.
- Responsible for private securities and capital markets legal matters;
- Drafted and reviewed board consents, board minutes, and investor meeting minutes, investor consents, contribution of property agreements, bank and bridge loan agreements, private placement memorandums, limited partnership agreements and dissolution agreements;
- Assisted in the drafting and closing of the reorganization of an $80MM multi-family development private equity fund, which was broken up into 5 separate private placement deals;
- Led the investor relations team and supported the capital formation platform as the primary investor relations contact responsible for responding to investors’ information requests, periodic reporting requirements, ad-hoc questions/requests, guiding investors through their due diligence of investment opportunities, assisting investor with subscription documents through completion, and database management of current and prospect investors;
- Served as outsourced general counsel and chief compliance officer for private equity, public and private REITs, hedge fund, and other alternative asset managers;
- Drafted responses to SEC inquiries, including compliance memorandum for an investment company on procedures for affiliated brokerage transactions, memorandum on U.S. regulatory issues arising out of the use of internet for private placement of securities, private placement memorandum, filing forms with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- Developed and implemented firm’s regulatory policies and procedures for multiple Registered Investments Advisors with over $1 billion of assets under management including multiple real estate investment companies;
- Represented clients in connection with formation and operation of private investment funds, including real estate, growth equity funds, energy funds, debt funds, buyout funds, and other private investment vehicles;
- Advised small and mid-sized companies in all facets of their business, including corporate, commercial, regulatory and employment matters.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Texas Real Estate Council
Dallas Area Young Lawyers Association
Texas Young Professionals