- IP Audits and Legal Opinions
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Portfolio Management and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
Changhoi Koo is a Senior Patent Agent at Munck Wilson Mandala, and is a member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Section. Dr. Koo focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution in the electrical arts, particularly in wireless communication systems, computer networks and electronic devices. He brings 10+ years of highly recognized experience on patent procurement and application, in addition to 15+ years of technical knowledge on the system development, research, standardization, system engineering and architecture in various mobile broadband communication systems for 3GPP LTE/ LTE-A, 3GPP2 (CDMA 1x EV-DO/DV), and IEEE802.II/16/20 standards.
Dr. Koo served as Principal Engineer and Director at Samsung Telecom America prior to joining Munck Wilson Mandala. In addition to his wide array of technical knowledge and patent applications, Dr. Koo has experience handling LAN, MAN and ATM switch/networks design and architecture, network traffic modeling, balancing, bandwidth allocation/control and Queueing theory.
Dr. Koo has provided more than 250 contributions for the standard meeting committees and has authored more than 100 U.S. issued patents, along with international conference and journal papers.
- Vice Chair of IEEE802.16f/g Network Management Task Group, 2004-2005
- Gold Medal, President Award of Samsung Telecommunication and Network Division (IPR and Core Technology Development), 2005
- Silver Medal, President Award of Samsung Telecommunication and Network Division (IPR and Core Technology Department), 2004
- Gold Medal, President Award of Samsung Telecommunication and Network Division (IPR and Core Technology Department), 2002