- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Dispute Resolution
Charles-Theodore Zerner is an associate in the firm’s complex commercial litigation/dispute resolution group. Charles focuses his practice on assisting clients in various stages of commercial litigation for matters involving contractual disputes, securities fraud, environmental torts, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements, secured transactions under UCC Article 9, and insurance matters.
Charles earned his J.D. from Tulane University Law School, graduating summa cum laude in the top 5% of his class. Prior to law school, he received his B.A. in romance languages and literatures from Harvard University, receiving the David McCord Prize for musical achievement. Zerner was awarded Best Lawyers in America© for commercial litigation in 2019 and 2020 and has been listed as a SuperLawyers Louisiana Rising Star since 2016. Charles previously worked as an associate for Barrasso, Usdin, Freeman, Kupperman, & Sarver, LLC in New Orleans.
- Assisted clients in various stages of commercial litigation for matters involving contractual disputes, securities fraud, environmental torts, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements, secured transactions under UCC Article 9, and insurance matters;
- Perform legal research and draft court pleadings, including complaints, answers and pretrial motions – including motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment in cases with over $100 million in controversy;
- Sophisticated e-discovery experience performing early data assessments, drafting and executing e-discovery plans, training predictive coding algorithms to achieve high F1 scores, using data filtration tools, clustering algorithms, drafting complex traditional searches and teaching CLEs and publishing articles on the same;
- Successfully helped clients to recover (or avoid) millions of dollars in damages at trial level and obtained the reversal of an award of over $7 million on appeal.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Louisiana