J.D. Sadighi is an associate and member of the firm’s technology/ intellectual property law group.
Born and raised in London, England, J.D. moved to the United States at the age of 18, attending Western New Mexico University where he earned a B.S. in computer science. He graduated with an impressive list of accomplishments, including being inducted into the Upsilon Pi Epsilon International Honors Society, elected as Senator to the university’s student body government, and representing the university’s tennis team with an athletic scholarship.
After graduating, J.D. moved to California and attended Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu, California, where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree. During his time at Pepperdine, J.D. distinguished himself as part of the school’s Trial Advocacy Team in several competitions including the American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition and the San Diego Defense Lawyers Trial Advocacy Competition. In recognition of his achievements, J.D. was awarded Pepperdine’s Honors Trial Advocate award. Prior to joining MWM LA, J.D. continued his education and earned his M.B.A. from Pepperdine’s Graziadio School of Business and Management.
J.D. is admitted to practice before the California State Bar and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Responsible for management and prosecution of global trademark and copyright portfolios;
- Provide legal counsel for business and celebrity clients on trademarks, brand protection, clearance searches, rights of publicity and defamation issues, entertainment law, and IP enforcement;
- Manage and supervise foreign associates regarding international trademark applications and registrations;
- Communicate and interact with USPTO trademark examiners for the purpose of amending applications and attaining registrations for clients;
- Draft, negotiate and interpret contracts including licensing agreements, trademark co-existence agreements, and non-disclosure agreements;
- Engage in extensive complex litigation practice including pre-litigation investigations, cease-and-desist correspondence, pleadings, discovery, law and motion, and trial preparation involving issues common to intellectual property, contract law, and entertainment law;
- Represented an audio/video technology company as a plaintiff and as a defendant in multiple patent infringement cases involving audio/video switching equipment and components;
- Represented a major cosmetics manufacturer in a trademark infringement case;
- Represented a well-known movie star in an action for unlawful use of name and likeness.