Jennifer D. Jasper
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Large Loss Property Subrogation
- Media and First Amendment Litigation
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
- Trademarks, Trade Dress and Domain Names
Jennifer D. Jasper is a partner in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group in Austin. Jennifer has enjoyed a general civil litigation and appellate practice since 2000. She has prosecuted and defended a wide variety of disputes at the trial and appellate stages, including complex commercial disputes, construction litigation, health care liability claims, employment disputes, and administrative claims.
From small rural counties to large metropolitan areas, Jennifer has appeared in state and federal courts throughout Texas. She has appeared before various Texas appellate courts and has twice argued, both times successfully, before the Texas Supreme Court.
Her current practice focuses on commercial litigation, appellate work, and patent and trademark litigation.
Jennifer also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law, where she teaches a seminar on legal writing for litigators.
- Represented client in a business/fiduciary duty dispute resulting in award of damages for client and a finding of no liability on claims against the client;
- Represented a municipal entity in a land dispute, resulting in dismissal on immunity which was affirmed on appeal after oral argument;
- Represented individuals in medical liability claim through interlocutory appeal to the Texas Supreme Court on statutory interpretation issue, resulting in 9-0 opinion in client’s favor;
- Represented homeowners association in multi-million dollar construction dispute, resulting in favorable settlement;
- Represented management company in an eviction suit against commercial tenant, resulting in Judgment for eviction;
- Represented physicians before the Texas Medical Board at ISCs and through SOAH proceedings;
- Represented attorneys in grievance and disciplinary proceedings, and before the Board of Disciplinary Appeals.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Texas Bar Foundation
Austin Bar Association
Additional Education & Achievments
- Tex. Dep’t of Aging & Disability Services v. Cannon, 453 S.W.3d 411 (Tex. 2015)
- Trant v. Brazos Valley Solid Waste Mgmt Agency, 478 S.W.3d 53 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist. ] 2015, pet. denied)
- CHCA Women’s Hospital v. Lidji, 403 S.W.3d 228 (Tex. 2013)