Jessica L. Spaniol
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Media and First Amendment Litigation
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
Jessica L. Spaniol is a senior associate in the firm’s complex litigation/dispute resolution and technology/intellectual property law groups. Her practice focuses on claims of trade secret misappropriation and theft of confidential information.
Jessica received her J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, graduating magna cum laude. She also holds a B.A. in German and Political Science from Tulane University. While in law school, Jessica was a member and a senior editor of the Louisiana Law Review.
Prior to attending law school, Jessica served as a captain in the U.S. Army in the First Infantry Division in Wurzburg, Germany.
- Represented the plaintiff in Texas Advanced Optoelectronic Solutions, Inc. v. Intersil Corporation, a case involving claims for breach of contract, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and tortious interference with prospective business relations in the Eastern District of Texas;
- Obtained judgment notwithstanding the jury verdict on an antitrust claim filed under the Texas Free Enterprise and Antitrust Act;
- Participated in oral argument before the Supreme Court of Texas representing a media defendant on petition for review regarding dismissal of a defamation lawsuit under the Texas Citizens Participation Act;
- Representing consulting company in trade secret misappropriation, tortious interference, and breach of contract action against multiple defendants;
- Represented clients in multiple jury trials involving claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and theft of confidential information.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Lousiana State Bar Association
Additional Education & Achievments
Captain, United States Army
Junior League of Dallas
Genesis Young Leaders, board member
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support volunteer
Tulane Alumni Association of Dallas
Fluent in German