12 Jan Jordan C. Strauss
Jordan C. Strauss is a litigation partner, focusing her practice on intellectual property disputes. Jordan’s accomplishments include serving as the lead associate on a trial team that obtained a $10.1 million dollar infringement verdict, in which she cross-examined a key witness. Jordan has been involved in all phases of numerous patent infringement cases.
Jordan graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in Political Science from Southern Methodist University, where she received the Ora Nixon Arnold Award in Outstanding Academic Achievement as the highest-ranking political science graduate, graduating with a 4.0 GPA. She received her J.D., graduating magna cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. In law school, Jordan was inducted into the Order of the Coif upon graduation in 2013 (top 10% of her class).
- Trial counsel for the plaintiff in ams sensors USA Inc. v. Renesas Electronics America Inc., a case involving breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation claims. The jury returned an $86 million verdict;
- Trial counsel for the plaintiff in Texas Advanced Optoelectronic Solutions, Inc. v. Intersil Corporation, a case involving a breach of contract, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, interference, and damages. The jury returned a verdict for over $77 million, one of the largest intellectual property verdicts in the United States in 2015.
- Trial counsel in iLife Technologies Inc. v. Nintendo of America Inc.; secured a $10.1M patent infringement verdict in a case involving motion detection technology for Wii gaming systems;
- Represented major airline defending a software patent dispute resulting in dismissal of all claims against client without any payment.
- Representing an international pharmaceutical company in patent infringement cases against generic drug manufacturers and in multiple prior matters.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court, Associate Member (2019-present)
Genesis Women’s Shelter Alliance Board of Directors (2019-present)
Additional Education & Achievements
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Legal Research & Writing Department:
Teaching Assistant (2010-2011)