04 Sep Mabel M. Simpson
Mabel M. Simpson is a partner practicing in the firm’s Corporate Law group. With over 30 years of experience, she brings significant legal power to the firm’s corporate, real estate, commercial litigation, oil and gas, and construction law practices.
Mabel owned and operated her own law firm since the mid-90s after working in private practice. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a landman, learning the nuances of oil and gas exploration, mastering the negotiation of mineral rights, and experiencing the business side of the oil and gas industry in Texas. This unique background helped craft Mabel’s legal practice where she created run sheets and researched chains of title, conducted due diligence for banking and energy clients, and provided vital legal services for clients involved in real estate development, construction, and oil and gas.
Mabel also has vast knowledge of regulatory and environmental law related to land acquisition and development, water rights, and mineral rights. Her commitment to providing one-stop service for real estate and oil and gas clients led to an expanded practice to provide legal services in commercial litigation, trade secret and non-compete matters, investments, finance and banking, estate planning, and even title underwriting expertise through Mabel’s fee-attorney title shop, underwritten by a national title underwriter.
Mabel is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Collin County Bar Association, the Texas Bar Foundation, and the Texas Bar College. A longtime businesswoman in North Texas, Mabel was elected to the Richardson City Council and served a term from 2015-2019. She is a graduate of Leadership Richardson and she has been involved as a board member or leader in various civic and community organizations, including Neighborhood Youth and Family Counseling of Richardson, the Richardson Hospital Board, and the St. Paul School Board. She is currently a member of the Legislative Committee – Texas Land Title Association. Mabel received her B.A. in criminal justice from Southwest Texas State University prior to earning her J.D. from the University of Tulsa College of Law.
- Representation of exploration companies in all aspects of exploration from title analysis, document production, through leasing and pipeline implementation in multiple capacities.
- Representation of petroleum industry clients related to real estate development, reclamation, compliance, including work with TxDOT, TCEQ on all development requirements, as well as controlled access locations of development, including municipalities and farm and ranch transactions, both reverse and forward 1031.
- Consulting services including researching chains of title, performing curative, leasing, and conducting due diligence for banking institutions and energy companies in the sale and acquisition of portfolios of real property as well as oil and gas producing properties, and full-service representation of oil refining service providers.
- Previously managed attorney and title staff of all operations for Title division within firm, including all traditional land management duties, representation of real estate developer representation from acquisition through subdivision and presentation to a specific municipality, as well an underwriting matters complying with Underwriting title standard both financial and insurability.
- Representing clients in the Texas Hemp Industry.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Legislative Committee – Texas Land Title Association
Dallas Bar Association
Collin County Bar Association
Texas Bar Foundation
Texas Bar College