Michael D. Rose serves as senior counsel in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group where he concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and high-stakes litigation. His practice is focused on a broad range of civil ligation matters in both federal and state courts, including professional liability, first-party bad faith litigation, coverage analysis, risk management, attorney grievance defense, and commercial litigation.
Michael earned his J.D. from St. Mary’s University Law School and holds a B.A. from the University of Oklahoma. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
- Professional liability defense counsel with an emphasis on legal malpractice, including pre-litigation claim investigation and monitoring, exposure assessment, and coverage analysis;
- Counsel to attorneys regarding ethics issues related to attorney advertising, conflicts of interest, and represent attorneys in grievance actions brought by the Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel for the State Bar of Texas in courts and before the District Grievance Committees;
- Represented insurance carriers in defense matters related to first-party bad faith litigation in state and federal courts, including reporting to clients regarding exposure and legal strategy, preparing pleadings and motions, conducting written and oral discovery, representing clients at mediation, hearings and trials;
- Served as claims counsel advising carriers regarding pre-litigation claim investigation and handling; conducted examinations under oath, responded to demand letters, analyzed insurance policies and provided formal coverage opinions;
- Member of Halliburton team working in connection with all civil litigation relating to the 2010 BP Macondo well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas