Nicole M. Kamish is an associate practicing in the firm’s intellectual property/technology practice. She focuses her practice on preparing, analyzing, and negotiating various contracts in licensing agreements, business entity filings, master service agreements, and intellectual property. Nicole’s practice has a dual focus on both the transactional and litigation sides of intellectual property and business law.
Nicole’s practice includes a wide range of business and intellectual property litigation, including arbitration of disputes regarding payment of residuals with entertainment industry guilds and litigation of trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Nicole earned her J.D. with a concentration in intellectual property with honors from Loyola Law School. During law school, she was a member of the Entertainment Law Review, serving as its senior production editor. Prior to law school, Nicole matriculated at Loyola Marymount University where she graduated cum laude with a B.A. with a dual major in Political Science and History and a minor in French. Prior to joining MWM, Nicole worked as an associate at Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester, LLP.
- Representation of clients in connection with protection of their intellectual property, corporate compliance, and corporate transactions in both transactional practice and litigation;
- Preparing, analyzing, and negotiating various contracts, including licensing agreements, intellectual property assignment agreements, and master service agreements;
- Management of clients’ intellectual property portfolios and business entity filings;
- Handling all aspects of litigation, including court appearances, depositions, arbitration hearings, mandatory settlement conferences, mediations, and motion practice;
- Lead trial counsel for business and intellectual property matter obtaining mid-six-figure verdict for client including punitive damages, costs and attorney’s fees;
- Extensive motion practice, including drafting of motions for summary judgment, motions to compel, demurrers, etc.;
- Development of cases from pre-litigation to final resolution;
- Trademark prosecution and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings.
Professional Associations & Memberships
California Bar Association
U.S. District Court, Central District of California