Robert E. Linkin
- Commercial Litigation
- Entertainment Law
- Securities and Investment Fraud
Robert E. Linkin is a partner in the firm’s complex litigation/dispute resolution group. Rob represents clients in complex litigation, securities litigation, and class action lawsuits. He brings more than 24 years of legal experience advising clients in business disputes, financial reporting, and commercial litigation.
Rob is well known in the legal industry as an accomplished litigator and class action attorney with both defense and plaintiff skills in the courtroom. He frequently serves as first chair trial attorney in multi-million-dollar cases and has an established reputation for developing and executing successful litigation strategies.
In addition to his complex litigation and class action work, Rob represents clients in investor claims, investment fraud, and stockbroker misconduct. He handles FINRA and AAA securities arbitration matters, and he is a consultant to publicly traded corporations on consumer protection matters, fiduciary matters, anti-trust matters, fraud claims, and complex state and federal securities matters.
Rob has developed a niche practice in entertainment law, representing independent labels and recordings artists in Austin. This practice area experience blends perfectly with MWM’s established entertainment practice headed by two partners in the LA office and now gives the firm great market position in two of the nation’s top entertainment cities.
Rob is a member of the State Bar of Texas and received his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University.
- Co-lead counsel for Japanese auto part manufacturer in In Re Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Mich.);
- Lead counsel for founder of Fortune 500 Company in pending FINRA arbitration claim;
- Lead counsel for wealthy private investor in $6.5 million FINRA arbitration claim favorably settled confidentially after fourth day of planned three-week trial;
- Lead counsel for former 14-year major league baseball player against registered investment advisory firm, resulting in $6.7 million settlement;
- Lead counsel in multiple FLSA collective wage and hour matters;
- Counsel for class in securities class action resulting in $13 million common-fund settlement on behalf of class of South American investors;
- Counsel for class in securities class action resulting in $10 million common-fund settlement on behalf of class of credit union members;
- Lead counsel in Madoff-related FINRA arbitration claim resulting in favorable confidential settlement;
- Lead counsel in Madoff-related arbitration claim resulting in $700,000 arbitration award;
- Management and litigation of $120 million arbitration claim on behalf of an international commercial bank;
- Successful representation of statewide class of health care providers resulting in court-approved settlement of several million dollars;
- Successful representation of Swiss bank in FINRA arbitration leading to complete defense victory following two-week trial.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas