- IP Audits and Legal Opinions
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Portfolio Management and Counseling
- Inter Partes Reviews
- Trademarks, Trade Dress and Domain Names
Robert Houston is an associate practicing in the technology/intellectual property law group. Robert is a registered U.S. Patent Attorney focusing his practice on the preparation and prosecution of patents, and acquiring, licensing, and enforcing patent rights, trademark rights, trade secrets, and copyrights. He represents companies and inventors on patent applications, patent protection and prosecution, and various other legal matters.
Robert received his J.D. from the University of New Hampshire School of Law and he holds a masters in engineering – with honors – in electrical and electronics engineering from the Loughborough University of Technology in Leicestershire, United Kingdom. Robert is registered with the U.S. patent and trademark office and is a member of the State Bar of Massachusetts and previously worked as an associate for Harness, Dickey, Pierce PLC in Dallas, Texas.
Prior to his legal career, Robert worked as an electronic engineer, project manager and consultant in the United States and overseas.
- Responsible for providing foreign associates with all substantive prosecution instructions in accordance with clients’ global portfolio strategy;
- Responsible for preparation and prosecution of patents for a diverse range of clients, including individual inventors and startups as well as established businesses;
- Experience with a broad range of subject matter, including advanced computer network and file system architectures, consumer products, computer hardware and software, communications, business methods and automotive devices;
- Responsible for preparation and prosecution of patents, domestic and international, for both small and large clients in a variety of technical areas, particularly those pertaining to semiconductor memory design, consumer marine devices, oil and gas seismic exploration and interpretation;
- Responsible for preparation and prosecution of patents for small clients, individual investors and startups, in a variety of technical areas related to photovoltaic semiconductor design and consumer head-up displays.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Dallas Bar Association
State Bar of Texas