12 Jan Robin McJilton Wheatley
Robin McJilton Wheatley serves as senior counsel in the corporate law group. Robin has over 20 years’ experience representing public and private companies in a wide range of corporate and real estate transactions. For corporate clients, Robin focuses her practice on corporate law and finance matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance, and general corporate governance. Robin advises clients on both the buy-side and sell-side with respect to equity and asset purchases and sales, strategic entity formations, business transactions, and other corporate matters.
For real estate clients, Robin advises on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, finance, and development of real estate and private equity transactions. Robin’s practice encompasses all phases of the purchase and sale of real estate and related assets, and related financing, including title and survey review, and borrower representation in connection with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and private lender loans.
- Representation of public companies in merger acquisitions ranging from $100 million to $2 billion;
- Represented client in a $183 million acquisition of a public logistics corporation;
- Representation of real estate advisory services company with asset management of $75 million portfolio; including all phases of the purchase and sale of real estate assets, equity, and debt financing;
- Tenant representation for commercial and industrial leases totaling over 1,000,000 SF;
- Corporate restructuring and subsequent $150 million acquisition of transportation company;
- Representation of cable technology company in the acquisition of several technology companies ranging from $5 million to $60 million.
Professional Associations & Memberships
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Denton County, Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Junior Judges Program
Lawyers Against Domestic Violence
Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program