Stephen A. Mason
- IP Audits and Legal Opinions
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Portfolio Management and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Reviews
- Technology Transactions
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
Stephen A. Mason is senior counsel, practicing in the technology/intellectual property law group. Stephen focuses his practice on patent prosecution and litigation, trademark and service mark adoption and registration, and technology licensing and counseling. Stephen represents clients in a wide variety of patent and trademark matters with a technical emphasis in financial services software products, encryption and security, IoT, social media, and advertising data systems for electronic commerce.
Prior to joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Stephen practiced law at Michael Best and Friedrich, LLP and was responsible for helping the firm establish an office and build brand awareness in the Austin market. While leading the marketing and recruiting efforts at his previous firm, Stephen maintained his practice, supervising engineers, patent agents and attorneys on a variety of patent and trademark matters ranging from initial patent portfolio development to trademark disputes and patent assertion preparation. Since he began his legal career in 2003, Stephen has worked as a patent attorney in various law firms in Austin and he was a general counsel for a multi-million dollar internet media corporation.
Stephen received his J.D. from Baylor University School of Law and he holds a B.S. in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University. He is chairman of the Supervisory Committee for the Greater Texas Federal Credit Union/ Aggieland Credit Union.
- Assists clients in the adoption and registration of trade and service marks
- Counsels clients regarding the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property, particularly portfolio development and management at a strategic and supervisory level
- Analyzes patent and trademark infringement accusations and draft non-infringement and invalidity options
- Consults clients and attorneys on the enforcement of intellectual property rights through litigation
- Licensing of software and trademarks
- Preparation and prosecution of patents in the electronics and computer arts
Professional Associations & Memberships
Greater Texas Federal Credit Union/ Aggieland Credit Union
Texas Aggie Bar Association
Capital City Texas A&M Club