Ted A. Huffman
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
Ted A. Huffman is an associate in the firm’s complex litigation/dispute resolution group. He has experience in a wide variety of litigation matters including breach of contract, non-competition violations, breaches of confidentiality, securities fraud, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, theft of trade secrets, and patent infringement. Ted prepares and drafts demand letters, legal motions, and he prepares witnesses at deposition, requesting and responding to discovery, and advocating on behalf of clients in open court. Ted also counsels clients to assist in minimizing the risks of litigation.
Ted earned his bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and his J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. During law school, Ted completed a summer judicial internship in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Ted also served on the executive committee for the Science & Technology Law Review, participated on the winning team for the SMU Mock Trial Competition (2014), and won his first lawsuit as a student attorney with the SMU Law Civil Clinic.
• Performed dispositive motion drafting and due diligence research for cases of breach of contract, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, and patent infringement;
• Contributed heavily in the discovery process and deposition preparation for complex commercial lawsuits and patent infringement actions;
• Successfully defended dispositive motion challenges by opposing parties;
• Argued summary judgment motion that resulted in the dismissal of all causes of action against the client;
• Successfully drafted state court appellate brief that resulted in an affirmance of favorable award for the client.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
The Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court