Patricia Q. Hu
- Commercial Litigation
- IP Audits and Legal Opinions
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Portfolio Management and Counseling
- Technology Transactions
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
- Trademarks, Trade Dress and Domain Names
Patricia (Trish) Hu is an associate in the technology/intellectual property law group. Trish advises companies on trademarks and copyrights and works with them on all aspects of their trademark and copyright portfolios. This includes branding and licensing as well as prosecution and enforcement actions at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in the federal courts. Trish aids clients with trademark searches, the preparation of opinions on availability and registrability of trademarks, and the filing and prosecution of applications for registration at the state, federal and international levels.
Trish also represents brand owners in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitration proceedings and takedown requests. Trish has worked with companies in all types of industries including retail, software, consumer products, automotive, aerial and marine and restaurant services.
Prior to joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Trish worked as a trademark associate for Richard Law Group and Howison & Arnott, LLP in Dallas, Texas.
- Prepare global trademark search opinions on the availability and registrability of U.S. and international trademarks for Fortune 500 companies.
- File and prosecute trademark applications at the state, federal and international level.
- Prepare and file UDRP complaints for clients.
- Prepare technology escrow deposit agreements, trademark license agreements, trademark assignments, reseller agreements and API license agreements.
- Create global strategy for trademark portfolios.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Texas State Bar Association
Texas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Asian American Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
IP Women in Law