Walter (Walt) A. Herring is a partner in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group.
Walt has over 30 years of litigation experience as a partner in a large national/international law firm. His experience includes considerable first chair trial experience (multiple jury and non-jury trials) in state and federal courts throughout Texas as well as arbitration and other dispute resolution methods/techniques.
Walt’s trial practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation in the healthcare, energy, real estate, securities, and banking industries. He has handled a large number of defense matters including personal injury, premises liability, malpractice, mass tort and products liability cases. Walt also has significant healthcare/peer review experience.
Walt is regularly selected by his peers as a Texas Super Lawyer and Best Lawyer in America. He is active in a number of community organizations and regularly works with the Dallas Volunteer Lawyers and the Criminal Justice Panel for the Northern District of Texas.
- Defended lender in class action based on alleged violation of Texas home equity loan statutes;
- Defended national organization in alleged violation of Texas Insurance Code/broker statutes;
- Defended national organization in post-concussion syndrome case;
- Defended multiple lenders in action brought by loan servicer in connection with servicing issues related to commercial loans totaling hundreds of millions of dollars;
- Defended national nursing home chains in multiple negligence claims;
- Defended national health care systems in multiple negligence claims;
- Represented lenders in multiple receivership actions.
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Association
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association