Munck Wilson Mandala is looking to add a Trademark Docketing Specialist to work with our Intellectual Property team in our Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, and/or Miami offices. While trademark docketing experience is preferred, we are open to entry-level candidates who are interested in trademarks and intellectual property.
- Maintain and update U.S. and foreign trademark records in our docket system to track deadlines associated with obtaining, maintaining, and enforcing domestic and foreign trademarks.
- Review incoming and outgoing domestic and international trademark correspondence, enter/clear dates in docketing system, and forward to legal personnel as needed.
- Maintain current deadlines in accordance with correspondence received and prevailing country law requirements.
- Create, maintain and organize files; maintain client preferences and contacts within docketing system.
- Manage client/matter intake and disengagement processes.
- Conduct periodic audits of active matters to confirm integrity of docketing system.
- Report on and follow up with legal personnel regarding upcoming deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute docket reports and customized queries as requested.
- Collaborate with team members to review processes and procedures and to implement improvements.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience with docketing trademark matters required, experience with using WebTMS preferred.
- Must have strong reading comprehension skills and a strong ability to digest and summarize complex emails, especially from foreign attorneys and IP Offices, into a few sentences and to identify critical deadlines associated with those emails.
- Must have a working knowledge of domestic and foreign trademark filing, prosecution and registration rules and procedures.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented with solid analytical skills and a strong ability to review, understand and summarize complex legal issues for a fast-paced high-volume IP team.
- Ability to understand and reliably implement critical procedures and processes.
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) are required. Must be able to compile data and generate reports from various databases.
- Must type minimum of 65 w.p.m.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to ability to take direction, but does not need constant supervision.