Munck Wilson Mandala’s goals are to provide the highest-quality legal service available anywhere, to be an integral part of each of our clients’ victories, and to recruit and retain the brightest, most tenacious and successful legal talent. We develop sustained, partnering relationships with our clients, aimed at providing the best solution to our clients’ legal needs.
Our Firm is currently in the process of recruiting a Trademark Docketing Specialist to work with our Intellectual Property team in our Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, or Miami office.
- Maintain and update U.S. and foreign trademark records in our docket system to track deadlines associated with obtaining, maintaining, and enforcing domestic and foreign trademarks.
- Review incoming and outgoing domestic and international trademark correspondence, enter/clear dates in docketing system, and forward to legal personnel as needed.
- Maintain current deadlines in accordance with correspondence received and prevailing country law requirements.
- Create, maintain and organize files; maintain client preferences and contacts within docketing system.
- Manage client/matter intake and disengagement processes.
- Conduct periodic audits of active matters to confirm integrity of docketing system.
- Report on and follow up with legal personnel regarding upcoming deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute docket reports and customized queries as requested.
- Collaborate with team members to review processes and procedures and to implement improvements.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience with docketing trademark matters required, experience with using WebTMS preferred.
- Must have strong reading comprehension skills and a strong ability to digest and summarize complex emails, especially from foreign attorneys and IP Offices, into a few sentences and to identify critical deadlines associated with those emails.
- Must have a working knowledge of domestic and foreign trademark filing, prosecution and registration rules and procedures.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented with solid analytical skills and a strong ability to review, understand and summarize complex legal issues for a fast-paced high-volume IP team.
- Ability to understand and reliably implement critical procedures and processes.
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) are required. Must be able to compile data and generate reports from various databases.
- Must type minimum of 65 w.p.m.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to ability to take direction, but does not need constant supervision.
For more information or to submit a resume please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.