Munck Wilson Mandala is currently in the process of recruiting a Legal Assistant to work with our trademark team in our Dallas office.
- Provide administrative and legal support to partners, associates and paralegals.
- Create, revise, finalize and send out correspondence to clients, foreign associates, and adverse parties.
- Handle all types of filings at the USPTO and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Assist with docket review and maintenance and coordinate with attorneys and paralegals on upcoming dates and deadlines for filings
- Manage client onboarding and exit procedures including drafting engagement letters, submitting conflict checks, creating matters in the docketing and accounting systems, and managing intake of transferred files.
- General administrative duties and tasks as required, which may include but are not limited to calendaring/scheduling, processing bills and reimbursements, and preparing mail packages.
- Document production services, including styling and formatting of documents, proofreading and checking for appropriate spelling, formatting, and grammatical errors.
- Assist with overflow work and other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent; Associate’s degree or college coursework or equivalent work experience preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years of trademark/IP experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook skills, especially with managing calendars, scheduling meetings on behalf of attorneys, and incorporating teleconference or web-meeting information into communications.
- Must have excellent grammar, writing, and proofing skills.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize numerous tasks – the trademark team has a voluminous docket of matters and the incumbent must have the ability to organize their tasks to effectively accomplish the team’s objectives
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and a demonstrable ability to learn any department-specific software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with various departments, all levels of management, and external contacts, including outside counsel.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow up and follow through.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or confidential information.