At Munck Wilson Mandala, our focus is always on our clients, and we strive to meet or exceed their expectations for high-quality representation that is not only cost effective, but is responsive to their needs. The only way we can consistently deliver to our clients is to seek out other attorneys with a passion for technology and the law.
We are always looking for candidates who have demonstrated excellence in the practice of law, an excellent educational background, the ability to synergize with other members of the firm, a diverse background, and the ability to develop client and professional contacts. Candidates may be at any stage of their career, from law student to seasoned professional, as long as they share our passions and are compatible with our firm’s culture.
We offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages that reward all team members for client satisfaction, individual performance and firm development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions listed below:
Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist - Dallas
Patent Attorney - Dallas
Trademark Docketing Specialist - Dallas
- Maintain and update U.S. and foreign trademark records in our docket system to track deadlines associated with obtaining, maintaining, and enforcing domestic and foreign trademarks.
- Review incoming and outgoing domestic and international trademark correspondence, enter/clear dates in docketing system, and forward to legal personnel as needed.
- Maintain current deadlines in accordance with correspondence received and prevailing country law requirements.
- Create, maintain and organize files; maintain client preferences and contacts within docketing system.
- Manage client/matter intake and disengagement processes.
- Conduct periodic audits of active matters to confirm integrity of docketing system.
- Report on and follow up with legal personnel regarding upcoming deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute docket reports and customized queries as requested.
- Collaborate with team members to review processes and procedures and to implement improvements.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience with docketing trademark matters required, experience with using WebTMS preferred.
- Must have strong reading comprehension skills and a strong ability to digest and summarize complex emails, especially from foreign attorneys and IP Offices, into a few sentences and to identify critical deadlines associated with those emails.
- Must have a working knowledge of domestic and foreign trademark filing, prosecution and registration rules and procedures.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented with solid analytical skills and a strong ability to review, understand and summarize complex legal issues for a fast-paced high-volume IP team.
- Ability to understand and reliably implement critical procedures and processes.
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) are required. Must be able to compile data and generate reports from various databases.
- Must type minimum of 65 w.p.m.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to ability to take direction, but does not need constant supervision.
Trademark Paralegal - Dallas
- At least five years of experience with trademark and copyright law
- Experience with intellectual property agreements, UDRP actions, TTAB proceedings, and matters related to the use of trademarks on social media platforms is required
- Strong academic credentials and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong proofreading and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently
- Must possess a team-oriented mindset
Now Hiring Senior Associates/Partners/Practice Groups for Austin Office
Now Hiring Senior Associates/Partners/Practice Groups for Los Angeles Office
Legal Assistant Dallas - Corporate/Real Estate
Subrogation Paralegal - Dallas
Primary ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft correspondence to potential targets, attorneys, courts, third parties, etc.
- Draft status letters to clients.
- Draft and file pleadings, including research of parties’ via secretary of state
- Docketing daily Trial schedules, statutes of limitations and deadlines.
- Prepare initial drafts of discovery to propound and discovery objections and responses.
- Manual and electronic document reviews.
- Prepare hearing, deposition, mediation and trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Perform legal research.
- Maintain deadlines calendar.
- Schedule mediations, depositions, conference calls, etc.
- Coordinate multiparty examinations of scenes and evidence.
- E-filing on the state and federal level.
- Coordinate service of process.
- Trial preparation and attend trials.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years litigation trial experience (plaintiff side preferred).
- The candidate will have the ability to work in a high volume, high energy environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to provide excellent client/customer service.
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and E-Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
- Available for some overtime is required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication, strong proofreading and organizational skills.
- Candidates should also be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently.
- Must possess a team oriented mindset.