At Munck Wilson Mandala, our focus is always on our clients, and we strive to meet or exceed their expectations for high-quality representation that is not only cost effective, but is responsive to their needs. The only way we can consistently deliver to our clients is to seek out other attorneys with a passion for technology and the law.
We are always looking for candidates who have demonstrated excellence in the practice of law, an excellent educational background, the ability to synergize with other members of the firm, a diverse background, and the ability to develop client and professional contacts. Candidates may be at any stage of their career, from law student to seasoned professional, as long as they share our passions and are compatible with our firm’s culture.
We offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages that reward all team members for client satisfaction, individual performance and firm development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions listed below:
Trademark Legal Assistant - Dallas
Primary ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and finalizing all legal and administrative correspondence; maintaining team docket for both US and foreign trademark matters
- Effectively maintain all trademark files on Anaqua IP Manager docketing software; including, but not limited to updating files as necessary and organization of documents in designated order
- Preparing, finalizing and filing power of attorneys, change of owner address and change of correspondence and the like with the US Trademark Office
- Preparation of status charts, deadline reports and other client deliverables
- Submitting all expenses, maintaining attorney calendars and contact lists, and scheduling engagements
- Processing new client/matter requests, client bills, time reports and expense reports.
- Handle administrative confidential/sensitive firm and/or client information
- Assist with overflow work and other projects as needed
Experience & Qualifications
- Prior experience with USPTO & TTAB procedures preferred and Madrid Protocol knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of work and handle numerous matters simultaneously
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision and be a part of a team
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to provide excellent client/customer service
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and E- Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs
- Willingness and ability to learn laws and understand regulations related to U.S. and foreign trademarks
Labor & Employment Attorney - Dallas and Los Angeles
Now Hiring Senior Associates/Partners/Practice Groups for Austin Office
Now Hiring Senior Associates/Partners/Practice Groups for Los Angeles Office
Litigation Legal Assistant - Los Angeles and Dallas
- Preparing, finalizing and filing documents (i.e., declarations, power of attorneys, assignments, transmittals, extensions of time, information disclosure statements, etc.)
- Preparing and finalizing client correspondence; maintaining attorney docket
- Handling legal assistant and administrative tasks including document preparation, time entry, expense reimbursement, telephone contact, travel arrangements and calendar maintenance
- Handling administrative confidential/sensitive firm and/or client information and providing excellent client service
Litigation Paralegal - Los Angeles and Dallas
- Draft correspondence to potential targets, attorneys, courts, third parties, etc.
- Draft and file pleadings.
- Docketing daily Trial schedules and deadlines.
- Prepare initial drafts of discovery to propound and discovery responses.
- Manual and electronic document reviews.
- Prepare hearing, deposition, mediation and trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Perform legal research.
- Maintain deadlines calendar.
- Schedule meditations, depositions, schedule court reporters/videographer, conference calls, etc.
- File and serve pleadings.
- E-filing on the state and federal level.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years commercial and patent litigation trial experience.
- The candidate will have the ability to work in a high volume, high energy environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to provide excellent client/customer service.
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and E-Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
- Available for some overtime is required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication, strong proofreading and organizational skills. Candidates should also be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently.
- Must possess a team oriented mindset.