Amanda K. Greenspon
Amanda K. Greenspon is a partner in the technology/intellectual property law group. Amanda advises companies on trademarks and copyrights and works with them on all aspects of their trademark and copyright portfolios. This includes branding and licensing as well as prosecution and enforcement actions at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in the federal courts. Amanda’s experience with trademarks is particularly comprehensive as it runs the gamut from assisting clients with brand development to bringing actions against infringement of a client’s famous marks.
Amanda has represented companies in a variety of fields including consumer packaging, fashion, adult beverage, travel, restaurant services, toys, furniture, technology and financial services regarding their intellectual property portfolios.
Prior to law school, Amanda worked for a global management consulting, technology service and outsourcing company on projects in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Zurich, Switzerland as well as at a global executive search and consulting organization.
- Represented footwear company in trademark lawsuit pertaining to phonetically identical marks;
- Represented insurance broker in trademark lawsuit pertaining to trademark infringement and cyber-squatting claims;
- Defended beauty product packaging company in patent infringement lawsuit related to fragrance dip tubes;
- Defended footwear company in patent lawsuit related to inner sole technology;
- Represented footwear company at U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in numerous trademark oppositions;
- Create global strategy for trademark portfolios.
Professional Associations & Memberships
International Trademark Association (INTA)
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association