Brent Lehman is a principal attorney practicing in the award-winning litigation group. Brent focuses on entertainment and litigation matters, specializing in the entertainment industry and emerging tech. Trusted deeply by his diverse list of clients, Brent maintains a client-first mentality that is evident in how fiercely he advocates for their interests. He has represented clients from the music, film, technology, and video game industries in matters including IP disputes, breach of contract, failure to pay contingent compensation, breach of fiduciary duty, white-collar defense, and fraud.
Named a 2022 Super Lawyer Rising Star, Brent continues to establish himself in the Los Angeles and greater California area as a go-to civil litigation attorney. He’s spent more than a decade building this reputation and honing his litigation skills at reputable boutique and large firms.
- Obtained six figure settlement on behalf of model from corporate entity that continued to use her image in advertising after the company’s license for use of her image had expired;
- Defended record label against allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary, and fraud by former artist, resulting in summary judgement on behalf of record label;
- Represented class of business owners against NBCUniversal alleging they were fraudulently induced to participate on a reality television show resulting in millions of dollars of corporate waste and fraud;
- Represented group of producers in copyright infringement case against major record labels and Taylor Swift;
- Obtained seven figure settlement on behalf of television producer regarding unpaid contingent compensation from major media company;
- Obtained six figure settlement for former Victoria’s Secret model against business that illegally used her image in advertisements;
- Defended talent management company in case arising from breach of fiduciary duty claims by former clients.
- Represented record label in breach of contract matter against hip hop artist after artist released music under a different label;
- Represented talent management company in breach of contract and copyright infringement against former artist who repurposed show materials for his own production;
- Obtained seven figure settlement on behalf of film financer alleging breach of contract and joint venture agreement related investment in studios in China by former partners;
- Served as lead trial counsel in high-stakes litigation, taking multimillion-dollar cases to verdict;
- Handled disputes related to intellectual property, breach of contract, failure to pay contingent compensation, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate theft, and fraud.
Case Western University School of Law, 2011
Member of the ABA Moot Court Team
Teaching assistant for appellate practice curriculum
The Ohio State University, 2008
B.A., Political Science
Honors & Awards
Southern California Rising Stars 2022, Thompson Reuters