Craig S. Douglass
- Construction Litigation
- Large Loss Property Subrogation
Craig S. Douglass is a partner in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group and is a member of the firm’s large loss property subrogation practice.
Craig has over 30 years of litigation experience. His unique subrogation practice is exclusively focused on contingency-fee-based, large property loss recovery. Craig has successfully litigated and tried to verdict dozens of property damage and construction defect cases throughout the country.
Craig is a member of the State Bar of Texas and a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review rated attorney. He received his J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. Prior to law school, Craig earned his B.A. in government from the University of Notre Dame. Prior to joining MWM, Craig spent over 20 years practicing for a boutique litigation firm specializing in large commercial property subrogation litigation.
- First chair management responsibilities for complex litigation cases involving multiple defendants, detailed contract and insurance coverage analysis, and damages from the hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars;
- First chair and second chair experience in both jury and non-jury trials;
- First chair, lead counsel in numerous defense litigation, consumer bankruptcy, and collection cases;
- Argued before the Texas Supreme Court, Texas Court of Appeals and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Association
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)