10 Jan Marc S. Kaliser
Marc S. Kaliser
Marc S. Kaliser is a partner in the corporate law group. He represents clients in a variety of industries, including real estate, technology, retail, hospitality, and financial services. For corporate clients, Marc focuses his practice on corporate law, securities, and finance matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance, and general corporate governance. Marc advises clients on both the buy-side and sell-side with respect to equity and asset purchases and sales, strategic entity formations, business transactions, and other corporate matters.
For real estate clients, Marc advises on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, finance, securitization, and development of real estate and private equity transactions, with an additional emphasis on purchase and sale of commercial and multifamily property. Marc’s practice encompasses all phases of the purchase and sale of real estate and related assets, and related financing, including the title and survey review, private placement offerings, and borrower representation in connection with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and private lender loans.
In 2003, Marc earned a bachelor of arts degree with a major in political science and a minor in leadership studies from the University of Richmond, where he graduated cum laude and served as a member of the Honor Council. In 2007, Marc received his J.D. from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. During law school, Marc served as executive managing editor of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review, where his student note was published, and he served as a two-time member of the law school’s Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team.
- Representation of real estate advisory services company with asset management of $200+ million portfolio, including all phases of the purchase and sale of real estate assets, equity, and debt financing, and creation of special purpose entities.
- Representation (as special technology counsel) of publicly-traded technology company in connection with $144 million cash merger acquisition of private competitor, including advice on intellectual property, due diligence, and technology matters.
- Representation of publicly-traded technology company in $670 million cash and stock merger acquisition of private competitor.
- Representation of premier Dallas-area restaurant development and investment company, including leasing and corporate transactions.
- Representation of seller in $16 million asset sale, including due diligence, disclosure, and assignment and conveyance matters.
- Representation of buyer in all phases of $14 million real estate acquisition in downtown Dallas, including short- and long-term financing, asset securitization, and in creation of special purpose entities for the acquisition.
- Representation of software division of Fortune 100 technology conglomerate in all aspects of certain in-bound and out-bound licensing agreements and technology acquisitions.
- Representation of technology companies (including national telecom carrier) in connection with licensing agreements, master service agreements, and statements of work.
- Representation of transactional funding lender with financing, acquisition, and disposition of income-producing properties, including representation of loan servicer in all aspects of servicing loans and managing defaults, modifications, and workouts.
Presentations & Published Works
Marc S. Kaliser, A Modern Day Exodus: International Human Rights Law and International Humanitarian Law Implications of Israel’s Withdrawal from the Gaza Strip,
17 Ind. Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 187 (2007).
Presentations on choice of entity, leasing, private financing, liens, contract negotiation, and JOBS Act
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Dallas Regional Chamber – Young Professionals
Association for Corporate Growth
Stirred not Shaken: Contract Lawyer By Day, Marc Kaliser raises mixology to a fine art; Texas Rising Stars Magazine, Mar. 22, 2021 https://www.superlawyers.com/texas/article/stirred-not-shaken/f16c4396-ee55-4fc1-960c-65b24cd21bc7.html