02 Jan Susan N. Hogan
Susan N. Hogan serves as senior counsel, practicing in the firm’s corporate law group. She has more than 20 years of experience representing public and private clients as both outside and in-house counsel. Her practice is focused on a broad range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity formation, and corporate governance, public offering and private placements of securities, venture capital investments, federal and state securities law compliance and general commercial transactions.
Susan earned her J.D. from Harvard Law School and holds a B.A. from Southern Methodist University. Prior to joining Munck Wilson, Susan worked as Senior Corporate Counsel at Copart, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPRT) at its Dallas headquarters. She was previously a member of the corporate practice group at Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP.
- Representation of Tyler Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of information technology software and services to local government authorities, in its $2.3 billion acquisition by merger of NIC Inc. and its $84 million stock purchase of VendEngine, Inc.;
- Representation of Resi Media LLC, a privately held streaming technology services provider, in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Pushpay Holdings Limited, a New Zealand public company, for $150 million in cash and stock;
- Representation of a privately-held technology company in the sale of a majority equity interest to a publicly traded company for $140 million;
- Representation of a real estate development partnership in its acquisition of resort properties valued at $120 million;
- Representation of a privately-held healthcare SaaS company in its acquisition by merger with another private company for $115 million in cash and stock;
- Representation of a national cable services provider in a $95 million Chapter 11 asset sale;
- Representation of a private company in its $55 million equity acquisition of a national wellness spa franchisor;
- Representation of a private US manufacturer in its acquisition of $30 million of Canadian assets;
- Representation of a regional healthcare services provider in a $30 million asset sale to a private equity buyer;
- Representation of a privately-held game developer in its $25 million equity sale to another private company;
- Representation of a privately-held forensic analysis services company in its acquisition by a private equity firm for $19 million in cash and equity;
- Representation of a private company specializing in healthcare continuing education in its sale to a private equity-backed buyer for $12 million in cash and equity;
- Representation of a private US manufacturer in the $10 million equity acquisition of an Australian private company;
- Representation of a luxury resort development company in restructuring and refinancing transactions with respect to properties located in the continental US, Hawaii, the Caribbean and Europe;
- Representation of a consumer goods rental company in its $22.5 million initial public offering;
- Representation of a regional restaurant chain in its $15 million private equity offering;
- Representation of special committees with respect to interested director transactions.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association