Chase A. Cobern
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
Chase A. Cobern is an associate in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group where he focuses on intellectual property disputes and commercial litigation.
Chase received his J.D. cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law, where he served on the executive committee of the SMU Law Review Association and was elected editor in chief of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce. While in law school, Chase completed summer clerkships with the Honorable Richard A. Schell of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and the Honorable Kerry P. FitzGerald of the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals.
- Representing an optoelectronic company in post-trial and appellate proceedings of patent and trade secret litigation;
- Representing an international pharmaceutical company in patent litigation (ANDA) against generic drug manufacturers;
- Representing a vending machine manufacturer in patent litigation;
- Represented a software company in patent litigation involving vehicle surveillance systems;
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a real estate company resulting in dismissal with prejudice;
- Represented an international wood truss manufacturer in trade secret and antitrust litigation, resulting in favorable settlement.
Presentations & Published Works
A Slip of the Tongue: How the Supreme Court Placed Airline Immunity in the Clouds,
80 J. Air L. & Com. 249 (2015)
Benefit Corporation Law, co-authored research presented at the 19th Annual International Conference Promoting Business Ethics (2012)
Professional Associations & Memberships
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers