Chase A. Cobern is an associate in the complex litigation/dispute resolution group.
As a Certified Public Accountant, Chase provides unique insight and analysis regarding damages and expert opinions. Chase combines technical proficiency and attention to detail with creative and zealous advocacy to advance his clients’ interests.
Chase received his J.D. from SMU Dedman School of Law, where he served on the executive committee of the SMU Law Review Association and was elected editor in chief of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce. While in law school, Chase completed summer clerkships with judges in federal district court and state appellate court and volunteered for an organization combatting urban blight in West Dallas.
Outside the office, Chase enjoys spending time with his wife, Rachel, and son, Nolan, at their home in Lake Highlands.
- Representing optoelectronic company in patent and trade secret litigation on appeal;
- Defending oil and gas company accused of securities fraud at trial and on appeal;
- Representing international pharmaceutical company in patent litigation (ANDA) against generic competitors;
- Representing vending machine manufacturer in patent litigation against competitors;
- Defended homeowners against homeowners’ association resulting in dismissal with prejudice and recovery of attorney fees;
- Defended real estate company against personal injury claims resulting in dismissal with prejudice;
- Represented an international wood truss manufacturer in trade secret and antitrust litigation resulting in favorable settlement.
Presentations & Published Works
A Slip of the Tongue: How the Supreme Court Placed Airline Immunity in the Clouds,
80 J. Air L. & Com. 249 (2015)
Benefit Corporation Law, co-authored research presented at the 19th Annual International Conference Promoting Business Ethics (2012)
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers