Jacob L. LaCombe
Jacob (Jake) L. LaCombe is a partner in the technology/intellectual property law group. Jake focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution, patent litigation, and intellectual property licensing.
Jake prepares and prosecutes domestic and international patent applications in a variety of technical areas including electrical circuitry, semiconductor devices, telecommunication systems, software applications, computer architecture, building automation, control systems, medical devices, oilfield production and exploration equipment, and aircraft components.
In addition to his transactional practice, Jake also represents clients in patent litigation matters covering a variety of technical areas and he works with start-up companies, counseling them on the identification, protection, development, and monetization of their intellectual property. Jake enjoys serving as a mentor for local technology incubators.
Jake graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington. He received his J.D. from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law. Before joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Jake prepared and prosecuted patent applications at a boutique intellectual property law firm in Dallas.
- Represented numerous technology clients to successfully obtain domestic and international patent protection for inventions in various technical areas.
- Performed due diligence research and review for sellers, purchasers, licensors, and licensees for various high-value intellectual property transactions.
- Represented video creation company in assertion of patent infringement claims in the Northern District of Texas and defended reexamination proceeding with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represented monitoring device company in successful assertion of patent infringement claim in the Northern District of Texas.
- Counseled start-up media company on the growth and enforcement of their patent portfolio.
Presentations & Published Works
Perfecting Patent Portfolio management in the 21st century,
Inside Counsel Magazine, April 8, 2014
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Intellectual Property Section
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Dallas Entrepreneur Center (DEC),
The Werx in McKinney