Matthew S. Anderson
- IP Audits and Legal Opinions
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Portfolio Management and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
- Trademarks, Trade Dress and Domain Names
Matthew (Matt) S. Anderson is a partner in the technology/intellectual property law group. Matt has been with the firm for over 16 years and represents clients on domestic and international patent procurement and enforcement, IP due diligence and IP portfolio management and counseling.
In addition to law, Matt’s passion is supporting the Bar None Production Company Committee, sponsored by the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Bar Foundation. Matt has served as a vice co-chair of the committee since 2005. Bar None produces an annual variety show written, directed and performed by Dallas-area attorneys, judges and legal staff. Since its debut performance, Bar None has raised over $1,700,000 for the Sarah T. Hughes Diversity Scholarships at SMU’s Dedman School of Law, UNT Dallas College of Law, and Texas A&M School of Law.
Matt earned his degree in computer engineering at SMU, where he was a University Scholar and Engineering Honors Scholar. He attended law school at Baylor University School of Law, with a dual concentration in commercial and civil litigation. At Baylor, Matt received an American Jurisprudence Award, served as president of the Student Bar Association, was Magister of the Hemphill Inn of Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, and inducted into the Order of Barristers.
- Represented numerous technology clients to successfully obtain domestic and international patent protection for hundreds of inventions in varied technologies;
- Successfully defended the reexamination of core patent in rechargeable battery industry and provided related litigation support;
- Represented photographer to successfully resolve copyright infringement claim against a major sports franchise;
- Performed portfolio analysis and due diligence for patent licensors and licensees in various high-value commercial transactions;
- Performed defensive review and invalidity analysis of patents asserted by a leading semiconductor manufacturer as part of licensing negotiations;
- Defended validity of key patents for an international pharmaceutical manufacturer against attacks by generic drug maker;
- Built patent portfolio for software developer resulting in successful sale of business to competitor company;
- Prepared defensive and invalidity analysis for RFID manufacturer against asserted patent portfolio;
- Successfully settled domain name disputes for online-retailer clients;
- Provided litigation support both against accusations of infringement and to enforce patents against infringers for clients in various technological fields.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Intellectual Property, Litigation, and Computer Law Section
IEEE (formerly Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Dallas Bar Association
Computer Law Section (chair 2002), Intellectual Property Section
Bar None Production Company