10 Jan Neil G. Ferrari
Neil G. Ferrari is a partner at Munck Wilson Mandala, practicing in the technology/intellectual property law group. Neil focuses his practice in representation before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and counseling related to intellectual property due diligence, infringement, licensing, and opinions.
Neil earned his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering at Louisiana State University and received his Juris Doctor degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. Before joining Munck Wilson Mandala, Neil worked at an international law firm based in Munich, Germany as well as a boutique intellectual property law firm in Dallas. During his time at these firms, Neil represented numerous technology clients to successfully obtain domestic and international IP protection.
Neil has extensive legal experience counseling companies regarding the global protection of core intellectual property foundations. He frequently advises clients on best practices in the identification, protection, development, and monetization of their intellectual property – incorporating international protection, handling complex global portfolios and intellectual property issues related to intellectual property, copyright, and trademark infringements.
- Represented publicly-traded company as intellectual property counsel in connection with the acquisition of a leading technologies innovator valued at over $800 million; performed intellectual property due diligence in the areas of trademarks, patents, copyrights, and technology and security agreements;
- Represented privately-owned company as intellectual property counsel in connection with the acquisition of a telecommunications intellectual property portfolio valued at over $500 million; client has already received favorable judgements on the portfolio exceeding the purchase price;
- Represented publicly-traded company as intellectual property counsel in connection with the acquisition of a company valued at over $160 million; performed intellectual property due diligence in the areas of trademarks, patents, copyrights, and technology contracts and security agreements;
- Represented foreign company in a multi-million dollar alleged international trade dispute for a settlement of less than 1% monetary damages.
Presentations & Published Works
- Federal Circuit Decisions Breathe New Life Into Alice Responses by Patent Prosecutors, IPWatchdog.com, March 2018
- Eligibility Rulings May Lead To Shift In Patent Prosecution, IP Law360, March 2018
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Intellectual Property Section
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
Dallas Regional Chamber
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA);
IP in Europe Committee, Electronic and Computer Law Committee, and Standards and Open Source Committee
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Additional Education & Achievements
Texas Youth Scholarship Organization (TYSO)