Jenny L. Martinez
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Software Disputes
- Trade Secrets, Restrictive Covenants and Unfair Competition
Jenny L. Martinez is a senior partner in the firm’s complex litigation/dispute resolution practice. Jenny is a trial attorney who previously worked at Godwin Bowman & Martinez PC as a named-shareholder, executive committee member, senior vice president, and co-chair of the commercial litigation section. Jenny represents both plaintiffs and defendants in business disputes involving banking, real estate, insurance, employment, contracts and collections. Notably, Jenny was a key member of the legal team defending Halliburton in connection with all civil litigation and investigations arising out of BP’s Macondo well (Deepwater Horizon) blowout in the Gulf of Mexico — the largest environmental lawsuit in the history of the United States.
Reflecting the excellence of her legal practice, she has been named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America, recognized by D Magazine among “The Best Lawyers in Dallas,” a four-time choice by Thomson Reuters to the list of Texas Super Lawyers and has received a 10.0 rating by AVVO, its highest attorney rating.
Jenny received her J.D., cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1999, along with her B.A., magna cum laude, in political science in 1995. While at SMU, she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was the publicity chairman of the Political Science Symposium. She was also chief counsel at the SMU Legal Clinic, a research assistant to Professor Ellen Smith Pryor, law school director for Texas Women Lawyers and the treasurer of the SMU Women in Law.
- Represented Halliburton in all civil investigations and litigation arising out of BP’s Macondo well blowout (Deepwater Horizon) in the Gulf of Mexico;
- Represented financial institutions in litigation involving breach of promissory notes, breach of guaranty agreements, fraud investigations and recoveries under financial institution bonds;
- Represented financial institution in arbitration involving breach of contract to develop and customize loan origination software;
- Represented financial institution in dispute involving breach of executive employment agreements, breach of nonsolicitation agreements and the Texas Citizens Participation Act (anti-SLAPP laws);
- Represented non-profit religious organization in breach of contract, libel and RICO suit;
- Represented Fortune 500 company in litigation and arbitration involving environmental and complex contractual indemnity issues;
- Represented international manufacturing and technology company in class action litigation involving allegations of breach of warranty and consumer fraud;
- Represented international life insurance and pension company in class action litigation involving allegations of consumer fraud;
- Represented publicly-traded healthcare services company in litigation involving foreclosure of nursing facility, breach of promissory notes, bankruptcy, contractual indemnity and recovery of deficiency.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Bar Association
State Bar of Texas, 1999