Michael C. Wilson
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Reviews
- Large Loss Property Subrogation
Michael (Mike) C. Wilson is a partner and member of the executive committee. He works in the complex litigation/dispute resolution and large loss property subrogation groups. Mike has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including trials, arbitration, mediation, and appeals.
In addition to Texas and the Southwest, Mike has represented clients in federal and state courts throughout the country, including California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, New York, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Mike represents inventors, patent owners, and corporate defendants in patent infringement and other intellectual property lawsuits in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He advises clients on a wide range of patents and technologies, including pharmaceuticals (Hatch Waxman litigation), wireless communication devices/systems, software, GPS technology, video and security systems, and vending/distribution equipment. Mike was part of the trial team representing a technology company in a case involving theft of trade secrets that resulted in one of the largest jury verdicts in the nation and a judgment of $77 million.
In addition to commercial and IP litigation, Mike has been a leading member of the firm’s impressive subrogation team. He has over 20 years of experience in this area of law and has successfully tried property damage and construction defect cases throughout the country. Mike’s representation has helped recover tens of millions of dollars for his clients. Mike’s experience also includes representing clients in commercial disputes involving contract matters, product liability claims, and business torts.
Mike has been repeatedly named a Texas Super Lawyer in commercial litigation and he has been selected by his peers as on the Best Lawyers in Dallas, in D Magazine.
- Represented the plaintiff in Texas Advanced Optoelectronic Solutions, Inc. v. Intersil Corporation, a case involving breach of contract, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, interference, and damages;
- Represented numerous local and international pharmaceutical companies in patent infringement cases against generic drug manufacturers under the Hatch-Waxman Act;
- Represented client on a major manufacturer patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas involving machine design patent. Case resolved with acquisition of infringing defendant;
- Represented a developer and insurer in a construction defect dispute involving the development of retirement communities in New England;
- Represented a national marketing company in a defamation and trademark infringement matter against Paramount Pictures, including two successful appeals to the Texas Supreme Court;
- Represented a client in a dispute involving property damage to a high-rise condominium development in Houston, Texas;
- Represented a corporate policyholder in an insurance coverage dispute regarding insurers’ refusal to defend a series of lawsuits alleging trademark and trade dress infringement;
- Represented an inventor and patent owner in cases involving accelerometer-based motion detection technology in Texas, California and other jurisdictions;
- Represented property owner and insurers in a construction defect case involving a roof system failure at a commercial facility causing over $20 million in damage;
- Represented a corporation in a suit against the court-appointed receiver for negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and the waste of receivership assets;
- Represented corporate defendants in a case alleging theft of trade secrets relating to manufacturing of activated carbon and seeking over $100 million in damages;
- Represented a property owner, national department store chain, and insurer in a $35 million dollar construction defect dispute arising from roof collapses at a regional shopping mall;
- Represented a vending machine manufacturer and patent owner in patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas. After successfully defeating motions for summary judgment relating to marking and related damages issues, case settled during trial;
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement lawsuit in the Northern District of Texas relating to a security system design patent.
Professional Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
American Trial Lawyers Association